2010-12-17

Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish Review

I got my Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish about 4 months ago, and I love this watch so much! I am a casual Breitling collector now with 4 Breitlings among other watches, and this is my favourite one.

The watch keeps excellent time, within COSC (Chronometre certified) specs, as it is COSC rated. The movement is a ETA 2823-2 Base, that has been extensively modified by Breitling to be well within COSC specs, so it is a fairly standard and robust movement, which is not of too much interest to hardcore Watch aficionados, but it keeps excellent time.

The bracelet is a thing of beauty... The links are held together as screws, and each piece is an individual solid piece of stainless steel, making the bracelet very moldable to your wrist, and extremely comfortable even for such a large and heavy watch. The clasp is very secure as well, unlike many clasps from Tag Heuer and other "premium" consumer brands that seem to get loose fairly quickly. For the record, not all tag clasps have been like that for me, just some.

The watch is rated to 1500 meters!! That is DEEP! there is a helium escape valve for when you go real deep, and even though I likely have no use for any of those features, but they certainly make me feel more secure about the watch.

The Crystal is very cool.. it is slightly domed sapphire that has been anti-reflective coated on both sides... it makes it look like there is no crystal there under certain lighting conditions... absolutely beautiful!

The Steelfish dial is very nice. It has concentric circles patterned on the dial, and applied markers with tritium or luminova applied for glow. The bezel is beautifully stain finished with alternating mirror polish on the side of the case and alternating on the bracelet to give it a very nice shiny yet subdued appearance.

This is truly a watch that must been seen to be appreciated. I love this watch, looks more expensive than my chronomat, my wings or my Colt Breitlings. The Chrono Avenger I had was also very imposing and nice but this Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish really takes the cake. Highly recommended.


Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish Review

No comments:

Post a Comment